Sprouted Quinoa Cereal Recipe
Yummy quinoa cereal!
You can make your own quinoa cereal in a food dehydrator!
Sprouted Quinoa Cereal: Ingredients
- 1 Cup Quinoa, soak it for at least 8 hours
- 1 tsp Cinnamon, or to taste
- 2 scoops stevia, or to taste
- 1/4 Cup flax seed, whole, not ground
- 2 Cups water
- 1/4 Cup soaked almonds, soaked at least 6 hours
Sprouted Quinoa Cereal: Instructions
- Put all in the Vita Mix and blend on High until there are no chunks.
- Pour onto dehydrator trays and spread it out to a thin layer.
- Dehydrate at 105-110 degrees for 12-18 hours.
Sprouted Quinoa Cereal: The Verdict
Our youngest boy couldnt stop munching on these little cereal flakes. And I thought that was OK. Much better him munching on this rather than on graham crackers or white flour.
This was not very sweet. Some people may not like that. But I actually prefer my sweetness to be subtle.
The cereal flakes taste pretty raw, but are full of good nutrition including good fats from the flax and almonds.