Quinoa Stuffed Peppers Recipe
This quinoa stuffed peppers recipe smells delicious -- and has a taste to match it.
It ends up tasting like a pizza -- a gluten-free pizza where the crust is made of veggies!
So what are we waiting for? Let’s get started. We’ll walk you through all the details, including…
Quinoa Stuffed Peppers Recipe: Ingredients
- 1 ½ - 1 ¾ cups of quinoa
- 2 green peppers
Tip: We use grape seed oil because it has a higher burning temperature.
Tip: We use something called Real Salt. We like it a lot better than the typical table salt.
- 1 can of tomato sauce
Alternative: 3 ⅓ ounces of tomato paste + 2 cloves of garlic, minced + ¼ cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of basil
- ½ teaspoon of oregano
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
Quinoa Stuffed Peppers Recipe: Process
- Cook the quinoa.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the two green peppers in half, yielding four halves.
- Mix the cooked quinoa, tomato sauce (or the alternative mixture), basil, oregano, and onion powder.
- Spoon the quinoa mixture into the green pepper halves.
- Place green peppers into oven and cook for 10 minutes.
Quinoa Stuffed Peppers Recipe: Yield
This recipe yields 4 servings.
The larger the peppers, the larger the serving. Our family of four feels pretty full after we each eat one of these stuffed peppers.
And it’s a better type of “full” than we would feel if we just gorged ourselves on pizza. It’s gluten-free so you can have your pizza-alternative… and eat it, too!
Quinoa Stuffed Peppers: Prep Time
Let’s see. We'll calculate all the steps you just took…
- Pre-heat the oven -- maybe 15 minutes, depending on your oven
- Cook the quinoa -- 20 to 25 minutes from rinsing to simmering; you shouldn’t need to let the quinoa cool before adding it to the peppers, FYI
- Cut the peppers -- a minute at most?
- Mix the ingredients -- again, not long
- And finally cook the stuffed peppers -- 10 minutes
This should all take perhaps 50 minutes at most.
If you’d like to make this recipe but you don’t even have the main ingredient -- quinoa -- find out where to buy quinoa. If you plan to make 25 batches of this recipe, consider buying quinoa in bulk.
Sep 13, 14 10:05 AM
Quinoa recipes for kids -- nutrition that kids will love!
Aug 29, 14 07:17 AM
These are great hot off the griddle! Even try adding herbs like basil or garlic powder for extra flavor.The chia seeds add nutrition. But if you don't
Aug 27, 14 07:11 AM
Add some nutritious quinoa to your daily bread with these unique quinoa bread recipes.
Sign-up for Our Quarterly Quinoa Update!