Quinoa Biscuits Recipe
Quinoa biscuits on a pan
Since we don't eat a lot of bread, we really liked these biscuits -- especially with the special spread we made to go along with it.
Quinoa biscuits ingredients
- 1 1/4 Cup Quinoa flour
- 1 Tbs chia seeds
- 1/4 Cup Quinoa, cooked
- 1/4 Cup Quinoa flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 dashes salt (We use Real Salt)
- 1/4 Cup oil (We use Grapeseed oil for cooking since I've heard other oils turn acidic when heated.)
- 1 C coconut milk (We really like Golden Star brand in a can from WalMart. I blend it in a blender before using it.)
Procedure for making these quinoa buiscuits
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Put in oil.
- Stir in coconut milk until dough leaves the sides of the bowl after going around with the spoon.
- Drop onto greased cookie sheet. (These are the easy drop kind of biscuits.)
- Bake at 450 for 15 minutes.
Our experiences with these biscuits
My mom thought these were too bitter. She doesn't often eat quinoa, though. But she thought that the biscuits were better with the spread on them.
Now the rest of our family -- who are used to and enjoy the flavor of quinoa flour -- loved this recipe!
Special spread for the quinoa biscuits
- 1/4 Cup Quinoa, cooked (optional; but adds more nutrition!)
- 1/4 Cup Almond butter1/2 scoop stevia
- 1/2 tsp vanilla, alcohol-free (We have enjoyed using Frontier brand.)
- 1 Tbs oil (I used extra virgin olive oil.)
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Share One of Your Favorite Quinoa Flakes Recipes.
Sep 13, 14 10:05 AM
Quinoa recipes for kids -- nutrition that kids will love!
Aug 29, 14 07:17 AM
These are great hot off the griddle! Even try adding herbs like basil or garlic powder for extra flavor.The chia seeds add nutrition. But if you don't
Aug 27, 14 07:11 AM
Add some nutritious quinoa to your daily bread with these unique quinoa bread recipes.
Sign-up for Our Quarterly Quinoa Update!