Thousand Island Quinoa Salad Recipe
Our family loved this salad--especially because of the thousand island dressing. Even our 1 yr old wanted to eat spoonfulls of just the dressing. And, our 3 yr old asked for a second helping of salad which is amazing.
With salads, I just throw things together and see what happens, so there are no exact measurements.
- Roman lettuce, torn to bite size
- Spinach, chopped
- Cucumbers, chopped
- Carrots, shredded
- Celery, chopped
- Green pepper, chopped
- Quinoa sprouts, see recipe
- Lentils, rinsed, drained, cooked (3/4 Cup lentils and 1 3/4 Cup water; Can add spices like cilantro and cumin; bring to boil and simmer 20 min)
- Quinoa, cooked
- Tomatoes, chopped
- In a salad bowl, combine lettuce and chopped spinach.
- Fill plates with lettuce and spinach combo.
- Top with each remaining ingredient individually according to taste.
- 1/2 Cup Coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp Ground, dry mustard
- 1 Tbs Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 6 Tbs Oil (We use Extra Virgin Olive oil for cold salads)
- 3 Scoops Stevia powder
- 1/8 Cup Sun dried tomatoes, soaked in hot water and drained
- 2 Tbs Onion, chopped (Keep 1 Tbs separate)
- 2 Tbs Green pepper, chopped (Keep 1 Tbs separate)
- 2 Tbs Celery, chopped (Keep 1 Tbs separate)
- Put all in the blender except the separated 1 Tbs each of onion, green pepper, and celery.
- Blend until smooth.
- Stir in the remaining onion, green pepper, and celery.
- Pour on top of individual salads.
Makes about 1 Cup.
We may have to double this next time as the 4 of us finished it all in 1 meal!